FOUNDATIONS FOR CONNECTION for Leadership Teams
Improve and maintain team cohesion through times of growth, stress, and uncertainty
Connection is fundamental to trust, collaboration, and engagement—three core components of team cohesion
Periods of rapid growth and uncertainty can throw you into survival mode. As a result, efforts to improve team cohesion drops in priority, understandably. The kicker is that, in times like these, a lack of connection across your leadership team only leads to a vicious cycle of increased stress, confusion, and tension, and reduced trust, cooperation, and effectiveness.
We bring cohesion to leadership teams facing challenges such as:
- Overwhelming ambiguity and uncertainty that makes collaboration and decision-making difficult
- Fear of losing control, fear of not moving fast enough, and/or fear of not delivering
- Struggling to understand and support each other's needs and priorities
- Building trust among a fast growing team
Our program is ideal for:
- Founding teams
- Leaders of organizations facing major change or complexity
- Leadership teams in fast growing organizations
program activities are customized to meet your needs:
Many programs go straight into teaching tactics for communication without tackling the underlying fears and issues that prevent us from working effectively together. Using experiential and reflective practices, we start by addressing the barriers to connection that prevent each individual from leading at their best. Then, we shift our focus to the team and address how leaders engage with each other. Cohesion improves over time, and so our goal is to build your capacity by providing skills and practices to make your intentions consistently intentional and constructive.
FOUNDATIONS FOR CONNECTION
Phase I provides the space for each individual leader to address the personal challenges they have connecting with their colleagues and teams. There is no one size fits all solution. Activities and coaching support meet you where you're at with regards to your leadership experience and role and is designed for "learning by doing." Practices and tools are not just taught, but are integrated and directly applied to what each leader cares about most when it comes to improving their leadership.
What We Will Do Together
Customized support and meditation practices address a personal challenge you will focus on.
1 discovery session, 3 coaching calls, and 2 optional coaching calls per individual
Learning is supported through self-guided reflection activities and online content about mindfulness, self-care, compassion, and
Set the foundation for future dialogue through sharing insights, lessons learned, and shifts experienced.
2 virtual or in-person 90-min sessions
Phase I Outcomes
- Leaders will learn customized practices to address a specific challenge connecting to others
- Leaders will build self-awareness and compassion in service of generating trust
- Leaders will use mindfulness while interacting with others in order to be fully present
- Leaders will have increased confidence developing deeper and meaningful relationships
TEAM COHESION & CONNECTION
Phase II is designed to meet the needs of your team and address the most urgent challenges that affect cohesion. During an initial discovery period, leaders explore in more depth how they work with one another and the issues affecting team cohesion are surfaced to be addressed in team workshops. Examples of challenges we may address together include poor quality of dialogue about important issues or new ideas, an inability to meet each other's needs in order to be more effective, or a tendency to personalize and get defensive when things get tough.
What We Will Do Together
Interviews are conducted to explore and surface ways in which individuals can improve how they work with one another.
Individual journeys continue. Customized practices and instruction are provided to address areas for improvement.
Address cohesion challenges identified in discovery work. Number and frequency TBD based on needs.
Phase II Outcomes
- Team members will better understand how they are perceived by and impact others
- Team members will gain practices to work more effectively together
- Customized processes and tools that fit the needs of your team
CONTACT US FOR PRICING
This program is tailored to meet your team's needs. We will work with you on scope and pricing.
Why Does Connection Matter for Leadership Teams?
Team cohesion means that leaders want to be a part of the team, have trust and a sense of team spirit, and are willing to work in a productive and collaborative way.
These “bonds” are especially crucial when the organization is going through intense periods of growth, stress, and uncertainty. Research shows that leadership teams can have a much greater impact on organizational outcomes than the CEO alone (source) and that cohesive leadership teams are comparatively better able to manage and execute on substantive strategic changes within their organizations (source). More importantly, connection among a leadership team leads to higher organizational performance and income growth (source).
Trust, engagement, and collaboration—key components of team cohesion—influence organizational success in the following ways:
- High-trust organizations report: 74% less stress, 106% more energy at work, 50% higher productivity, 13% fewer sick days, 76% more engagement, 29% more satisfaction with their lives, 40% less burnout. (source)
- In a Gallup study of over 80,000 teams, those at the 99th percentile for engagement had four times the odds of success compared with those at the first percentile. (source)
- In a study of over 1,000 companies, those that were high-performing were up to 5.5x more likely to incentivize and promote collaboration. (source)